Monday 25 January 2010

Recovery day

No after effects from yesterday's race, but I didn't get a chance to run today until after dark. It was a steady jog around town, avoiding all the hills, 11k or so was more than enough.

I'm sure that it will take a week or two to get the effects of the half marathon out of my legs. Next Sunday is another Peco cross country race. I'm not taking these races too seriously, but I find it enjoyable to do a very different kind of race to my usual road races & I think that I get some benefit from racing on a different surface.

My next road race is the Dewsbury 10k on the 7th February. This is probably a bit too close to yesterday's race for me to really race quickly, but if I can run close to the time that I did at Clitheroe I'll be very happy.

I'm starting to think about future race goals. The John Carr 5k series in May is probably the next major target on the horizon. I'd like to be able to see how quickly I can run a 5k & the charge around the sewage works at Esholt is probably the best place to find out.

1 comment:

  1. Henry, your regular training is putting you in good stead for your recoveries.
    I could barely walk today!

    ReplyDelete