Saturday 2 January 2010

A few hills

Today I did a steady tour of some of the hills in Ilkley. I'm planning to do a long run tomorrow, so didn't want to overdo things today. In total I ran 13.7 km including Carters Lane, Stockeld Road, Eaton Road, Princess Road, Wells Road & CowpastureRoad. The pace was only steady, but felt quite comfortable. The main problem was passing one of the Fish & Chip shops a couple of times made me feel really hungry.

It's good that most of the ice has now gone from the roads & paths, making running a lot safer around Ilkley. There is still quite a lot of snow & ice on the moors, so I might stick to dog walking on the moors, rather than running. The forecast is for it to continue very cold at night, but I don't think that we're due to get a lot more snow.

I've now got 2 weeks with no races, then it's 4 races in 4 weeks, Brass Monkey, Dewsbury 10k & a couple of Peco cross countries. I'm not too concerned about the cross countries (although I am currently second in my age group in the series), but I'd like to run well at the Brass Monkey. The Dewsbury 10k will depend on how I go the 3 previous weekends, I might be a bit drained by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment