Tuesday 19 January 2010

Fog on the moors

One of the advantages of living in Ilkley is the diversity of running terrain. Yesterday I ran 11.5km mainly on the flat roads along the valley, today I ran the same distance, but in another world up on the moor with quite dense fog. I only saw a handful of other people while I was out, including a 5 mile section with no one at all. Quite remarkable considering that more than 2 million people live within 25 miles of Ilkley, but I guess not many of them go out on the moors on a foggy Tuesday afternoon in January.

I ran from Keighley Road past the Swastika Stone to Windgate Nick & Light Bank Lane with a loop, then back. Conditions for running were quite good, the snow has almost gone, although there were a few isolated patches & it wasn't too muddy. The last time I ran up there less than 2 weeks ago I was faced with thigh deep snow drifts.

My pace today was deliberately slow again as I don't want to overdo things before the race on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment