Monday 18 January 2010

No snow, no ice, no mud.

I was going to have a rest day today as I felt a bit jaded after yesterday's cross country race & recent training, but decided to go out for an easy run to get a bit of fresh air. It was one of those days when I didn't feel much like going for a run but thought that I might fell better for it afterwards.

I ran my regular two bridges run at a very easy pace. It was good to be able to run without having to worry about slipping about on snow, mud or ice. It was one of those runs that has doubtful training benefit, but at least I did feel fresher when I got home.

This week is the build up to the Brass Monkey half marathon in York on Sunday, so nothing too strenuous running wise is planned. It seems likely that we should finally be able to get back on the Carnegie track on Wednesday after missing 4 weeks as a result of the weather. Not sure that a track session is what I really need a few days before Sunday's race, but we'll see how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. Henry, I'm planning on going to Carnegie on Wednesday - agree we should take it steady because of Brass Monkey. We'll let Pete/Andy know and I'm sure they'll factor it in!

    ReplyDelete