Thursday 14 January 2010

Mixed run with efforts

Today I went dog walking with A & Jake in the Strid Wood & after lunch at the Cavendish Pavilion decided to run home. Conditions were much better than yesterday, with a light snow covering on top of yesterday's ice and a bit of a thaw making it not too slippery.

After following the paths & fields to Bolton Bridge, I came back to Ilkley along the Nesfield Road. I did 5X1km efforts with 1km recoveries, with some doubling back to avoid doing the efforts up/down the steeper hills. I was very pleased to average a bit quicker than my 10k race speed for the efforts, considering I was wearing fell running shoes & many layers of clothing. Normally I can't motivate myself to do fast efforts on my own. After the efforts I did a warm down run around the park to make the total distance close to 16k.

In the last 2 weeks I've run more than 120 miles in total, with a couple of efforts sessions, but also with a lot of steady running on ice/snow/slush. I'm going to have a couple of easy days now before the Peco cross country on Sunday & an easy week next week before the Brass Monkey half on the 24th.

No comments:

Post a Comment