Tuesday 5 January 2010

Yet more snow

Yesterday I had a rest day from running after the 18 miler on Sunday & went for a walk in the Strid Wood instead. Overnight we had yet more snow, this time about 6 inches of the stuff on top of what was already there.



Today I ventured out on the Dalesway again, once I got past the caravan park in Addingham, I was making new tracks in the powder snow as no one else had been along there. It's quite enjoyable running in fresh deep snow, certainly much better than the recent ice, however, it's impossible to run quickly. I went as far as Bolton Bridge then decided to come back along the Nesfield Road. There had only been the odd tractor along the road so the conditions weren't too bad for running, certainly much better than they had been on Sunday.

I've just heard that the track session at Carnegie tomorrow is cancelled due to the weather conditions. It's becoming a problem that I haven't done any speed sessions for ages. Apart from the Ribble Valley 10k, I've not done any proper training for three weeks. I have still been running most days, but jogging along through powder snow isn't really comparable to interval training.

No comments:

Post a Comment