Sunday 17 January 2010

Peco cross country - Nell Bank







There was certainly plenty of mud at today's Peco cross country, but at least we could run through a stream 6 times to wash the mud off. There was a big turnout of runners, with some fast people at the head of the field. I finished 42nd, which is worse than the 35th & 30th places in the two previous Peco events, although it depends on who's running really.

I didn't feel to be running too badly, although I did slow quite a bit on the 3rd lap, being overtaken by Mark I & Nick P. We had a very strong Ilkley team, with 8 runners in the first 22. I've not seen the team results yet, but we must have done very well, although I hear that Abbey had a lot of fast runners out as well. Paul O had a really good run, at the last Peco race I finished just behind him, but he was way in front of me today.

Looking at my Garmin stats, which don't really mean a lot on a very muddy cross country course, I averaged 4:35 per kilometre. I think that this was OK, especially considering what the conditions were like. I think that I am missing a bit of speed, mainly as a result of not running on the track for four weeks & probably also the heavy mileage that I've been doing in recent weeks. Hopefully the lack of speed won't be too much of an issue in the Brass Monkey next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment