Sunday 14 March 2010

Age category win in the Peco cross country series!

I just found out today that I won the M50 category in the Peco cross country series that finished last Sunday. In reality I was a bit fortunate to win, as there were several M50 runners who were faster than me but they didn't run the 4 qualifying races. Malcolm P won the M55 category & Ilkley Harriers were 1st in the vets team & second team overall in the series, so it was a very good result for us. I certainly never expected to win anything at cross country as I'm relatively much slower on mud than tarmac (the reason that I was in the M50 category for this series, rather than M55, is that was based on age in Nov 2009).

Yesterday I had a rest day, so today I was happy to get out running again. I was still a bit tired after last weeks efforts & also a late night out on Saturday. I headed up on to Middleton Moor, going up basically following the route of the Ilkley Trail race. I ran two laps of the moor section & then a lap around the park at the end, making 18.6k in total. The pace was very slow, but that didn't really matter today.

My plan is to have a fairly easy week this week, probably no more than 80k.

1 comment: