Wednesday 31 March 2010

Comfortable track session

This evening's track session was a shorter one than normal: 8X400m with 30 second recoveries, then a 2 minute recovery followed by another 8X400m with 30 seconds recoveries. I was very mindful that I'd pushed it a bit too hard last week, so decided to take it a bit easier this time.

I was running with Nick P & someone from Otley AC. We did the first set of 400s at 87/88 seconds, then the second set at 86/87 seconds. Considering that it was very cold with a very strong wind, this was a quite respectable pace, equivalent to about 3:37 per km.

I felt as though I could have run another 8X400 at the same pace & most importantly I had no adverse reaction from my troublesome achilles/calf. Overall it was quite a satisfying session.

Things look OK now for the 5 mile race on Sunday. My target is to get under 30 minutes, which should be feasible if the weather isn't too bad.

I heard today that Ilkley Harriers have been offered a place in the National road relay on 17 April. It's only the 2nd time we have qualified for this. I now have some work to do to get a team together as some of our runners from the Northern relay aren't available.

No comments:

Post a Comment