Sunday 7 March 2010

Peco cross country - Esholt

This was the last race in the Peco series. For 300m it was the most enjoyable cross country race that I've ever done. It started on flat tarmac, the same start as the John Carr 5k series. Unfortunately after 3oom we turned off the road & on to paths through the woods. At least it was nice whilst it lasted.

It wasn't too muddy in the woods, as it's not rained for about a week & the overnight low temperatures had left much of the course still frozen. For the first lap I was going quite well, at the end of it there were 4 of us from Ilkley all together: Malcolm P, Dave C, Mark I & myself. The second lap was much tougher, maybe I'd set off too fast on the road section, so I started to slow down and got overtaken by a few runners.

I finished in 30th place, which actually equals my best finishing position in a Peco race, but I think that there weren't as many people running today. Not sure how I'll have finished in the series (it normally takes 3/4 days for the results to be published). I was leading the M50 category at the start of today's race, but it's best 4 races to count, so if some of the faster 50 year olds were running I'll probably slip down the list as I'd already run 4 races.

That's cross country out of the way for this winter & time to concentrate on the more serious road racing.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The track work will sort you out Henry. But well done today and I'll see you next Wednesday with the other's.
    Just in case you go looking? I've closed my Blogger down, but I've opened up a new one elsewhere.
    Ian Fisher

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ian. I've been looking for your blog by searching on Google. There are lots of Ian Fisher blogs out there: 2 musicians, a film director, an American soldier in Iraq & a scientist, amongst others. Not found a runner yet.

    ReplyDelete