Monday 29 March 2010

Route of Harrogate League race

Today I decided to risk running on my dodgy achilles/calf, the idea being that I'd stop or cut the route short if it became sore. I ran the route of the forthcoming race in the Harrogate & District Summer Race League organised by Ilkley Harriers. It's a hilly 4.8 miles starting near Ilkley Rugby Club, then going uphill along Owler Park Road to the top of Middleton, before descending Carters Lane & back along Denton Road. I added on a section through the park at the beginning & end to make it almost 12k in total.

My achilles wasn't causing me any problems during the run, although I was taking it fairly easy, running around the actual race route in about 38 minutes (looking at the results of the last time the race was run that would've still put me in the first half of the field). It was quite wet during the run with fairly continuous heavy rain & not too warm.....it's even forecasted that we could have some snow in the next few days.

Not sure about racing the Halton 5 on Sunday. If my achilles is causing me problems, it's a long way to travel. The only reason to go is to try to run a fast time, so if that's not possible, I'd be better giving it a miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment