Friday 19 March 2010

Bright & breezy on the moor

After yesterday's rest day, I decided to head up on to the moor today. Starting from the car park below White Wells, I went up past the Swastika Stone to Windgate Nick, then a loop around the road & back before retracing my steps back down, about 13k in total.

It was pleasantly warm & sunny, but there was a very strong wind against on the way out which made for very slow running for the first half of the run. Given that we've had almost no rain for about 3 weeks, the underfoot conditions were very dry, in fact it was more like mid summer conditions than mid March.

My achilles was still a bit sore, so I was taking it steady on the fast descent, not wanting to aggravate it any further. Should be fine for the relay on Sunday, as I won't do any fast running tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment