Tuesday 2 March 2010

Spring is on its way

A perfect day for a run today: clear blue sky, no wind, feeling pleasantly warm in the sun. I decided to head for the hills. I ran a variation on the Ilkley Trail race route, adding on a loop around the park at the beginning & end as well as doing an extra lap of the Middleton Moor section.

I was running for almost 2 hours, which was more than I was intending to do following yesterday's 20k on the road. The route I went was really varied, starting with paths in the park, followed by uphill through Middleton Woods, then fields & tracks up on to the moor. In places which were in shade there was still quite a bit of ice, which was a bit strange as it was really warm in the sun. The moor wasn't too muddy & generally very runnable.

Probably the most enjoyable run of the year so far....not the quickest, but one of those days when it was a pleasure just to be out running in perfect conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment