Monday 1 March 2010

Monday run

Feeling quite lethargic yesterday, I decided to give running a miss. Today I didn't feel much better, but thought I should go for a run anyway. I figured that I'd just set off & see how I felt when I got going to determine where & how far I would go (I would definitely be no good at following running schedules).

As it turned out I was running OK, so I went around the park, then out on the Nesfield Road to Bolton Bridge, then back again, a distance of almost 20k. My pace was quite reasonable for an unstructured, see how it feels type of run. I was also getting faster on the way back, which generally is a sign of a good run. The weather was quite good as well for this time of year, dry, sunny, little wind & not too cold.

After 3 or 4 weeks of not very consistent training, I think that I now need to put in a bit more effort towards building up for a 'target' race. The Wakefield 10k at the end of the month would be a good one to aim for. I have the last Peco cross country & the Northern road relay between now & the 10k, but I should be able to use them as 'sharpeners'.

No comments:

Post a Comment