Monday 8 March 2010

Perfect conditions for running

My intention was to do a short easy run today, as I was still quite tired following yesterday's cross country race. I headed off around the park & on to the Nesfield Road, intending to do my regular two bridges run. However, once I got going, I decided to carry on towards Beamsley rather than turning left over the bridge to Addingham. It was another brilliant, sunny March day, with almost no wind & feeling pleasantly warm in the sun, although there was ice on many of the puddles that were in shade.

I carried on as far as Bolton Bridge before turning around & retracing my steps. On the way back I was slowing down, even though my pace going out was nothing special, so I cut the run short by missing out the loop around the park at the end. It was still more than 17k, so quite a bit further than I'd planned to run when I set off.

No racing next weekend, so it will be good to have a week's training without thinking about an upcoming race. My next race will be the Northern 12 stage road relay on 21 March in Manchester. We have a strong team for Ilkley Harriers & our target is to try to finish in the top 25 teams to qualify for the National road relay. The standard of competition for these relays is very high so it will be a good achievement if we do qualify.

No comments:

Post a Comment