Thursday 11 March 2010

Running slowly

I'm not sure that I fully understand the rationale behind recovery runs, but today was certainly one of those. After 4 tough days, a cross country race, mile efforts & a track session with an average of more than 16k per day, it was a choice between a rest day & a very easy run. I opted to run the two bridges route, from Ilkley to Addingham & back, about 11.5k at a very easy pace. I was running about 2 minutes per km slower than during the efforts of yesterday's track session.

The run felt reasonably comfortable, but my legs were certainly tired, so I couldn't have run much quicker. Apart from any physiological effect, I think that these recovery runs are beneficial to just get out in the fresh air & enjoy running, without any pressure of times or pace.

Tomorrow is planned to be a longish run with Paul O, which will add some more variety to the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment