Monday 22 March 2010

Running in the woods

After yesterday's race, I didn't want to do anything too demanding today, however, given that I'm racing again next Sunday I wanted to get in a longish run early in the week. I decided to head to the Strid Wood & run for a couple of hours at a very easy pace.

I set off from near Bolton Bridge, across the fields near the Devonshire Arms & on to Bolton Abbey. From there I went past the Cavendish Pavillion, the Strid & Barden Bridge before joining the back road to Howgill. At Howgill I turned around & came back along the Dalesway path to Barden Bridge, then along the path at the opposite side of the river to my outward journey to Bolton Priory before returning across the fields.

It is a very pleasant route following the course of the River Wharfe, a few small inclines, but on very runnable paths most of the way. The weather was OK with a bit of drizzle & a bit breezy on the way back. My pace was really very slow, especially as I got tired running into the wind.

This week will be another not too strenuous week in preparation for the Wakefield 10k on Sunday. My only hard session should be at the track on Wednesday. On Sunday my objective will be to try to beat the time that I did recently at the Dewsbury 10k (37:04). Not sure how realistic that is, it depends a lot on how I feel on the day & what the conditions are like. I think that my fitness levels won't have changed a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment