Wednesday 17 March 2010

Mile efforts on the track

This evening's session on the track was a 6 minute time trial followed by 3X1 mile efforts with 400m jog recoveries. I ran the time trial following Simon A, according to my Garmin I managed to do 1.78km at 3:24 minutes per km. Coach Pete gave me a bit of a rebuke for running too fast in this time trial......he was concerned that I shouldn't overdo things before the road relay on Sunday. It's the first time he's ever told me to slow down!

For the mile efforts, I decided that it would make sense for me to take it a bit easy, so I ran the first two in 5:58, then the 3rd one in 5:53. It's strange to think that running at faster than 6 minute miles is taking it easy, but it really did feel as though I was running quite a bit slower than I could have done at full speed.

One negative is that my temperamental achilles was getting a bit sore towards the end of the session (maybe Pete was right to tell me to slow down). It'll probably make sense for me to ease off a bit more between now and Sunday to avoid aggravating it any further.

No comments:

Post a Comment