Thursday 4 March 2010

Another brilliant day for running

(picture taken Friday - from Swastika Stone overlooking Ilkley - not quite as sunny as yesterday)



I might have had a rest day today, after yesterday's tough track session, but the weather was again perfect for running: clear blue sky, bright sunshine, no wind about 6 degrees. I headed up to the moors again, this time the opposite side of the valley from where I ran on Tuesday.

Starting off from the car park on Wells Road, I headed out past the Swastika Stone up to Windgate Nick. It felt really warm in the sunshine, much warmer than the actual air temperature. In the distance I could see plenty of snow on Great Whernside & Buckden Pike about 25 miles away.

From Windgate Nick I was running in partial shade & there was even some snow & ice left on the moor. It seemed strange to be running on ice when it was such a warm sunny day. I ran a loop around, including a short road section, before returning back on the same path from Windgate Nick. The conditions underfoot were very good, apart from the few icy sections, as there was very little mud.

I ran almost 13k, it was another really enjoyable run. I was only running very slowly, partly because I was still tired from the track session, partly because of the terrain, but it didn't really matter today.

No comments:

Post a Comment