Sunday 6 December 2009

Back on tarmac

I went for my longest run of the week today, 18.7k out & back along the Nesfield - Beamsley road with a couple of laps around the park as warm up/warm down. My legs were feeling a bit heavy after yesterday's cross country & a solid week of training, so it wasn't the fastest run I've ever done.

It's good to have 3 weeks now with no races before the Ribble Valley 10k. So it's an opportunity to get in some good training runs, including some longer ones in preparation for the Brass Monkey half marathon. My intention is to do 2/3 hard sessions per week and 3/4 easy ones with about 80k in total.

I'm quite happy with how the races have gone in the last 3 weeks (Abbey Dash, Thirsk 10 & Peco). I seem to be making some progress with the training that I'm doing, particularly the track sessions so hopefully that will continue. The main thing really is to stay injury free.

No comments:

Post a Comment