Wednesday 16 December 2009

Hard work on the track

This was my 4th hard session in 8 days & I was certainly feeling the effects. We did a pyramid session again, this time 1000m, 1600m, 2000m 1600m & 1000m, with recoveries between 1 & 2 minutes. Average pace was 3:38 per km, or about 87 seconds per lap. This was about 1 second per lap slower than last week, although for a very different session.

I think that I need to reduce the intensity of my training over the next week or so in advance of the Ribble Valley 10k otherwise I might be too tired to run quickly.

The most impressive sight this evening on the track was Tom A doing a storming 1st 1000m in 2:46! He certainly gave Ian F a big surprise. Tom slowed a bit for the later reps, but it's great to see someone running with so much natural ability & he should get faster with the training he's doing on the track.

There was also a sprinter on the track (I don't know who he was) running apparently effortless 100m reps in 10.51 !!

No comments:

Post a Comment