Saturday 12 December 2009

"Hard run"

I had to travel to Nottingham & back today, so I decided to get up early & do the club 'hard run' training session. It's the first time that I've run this 7:45 am session, I'm not normally an early morning runner, especially on a Saturday. Basically it's out & back on the Nesfield-Beamsley road with efforts of 3 minutes, 4 minutes, 5 minutes & 6 minutes with regrouping in between. I can't remember how many reps we did of each, but it was more of the shorter ones.

I felt fine on the run, even if my legs weren't sure at first about the wisdom of running fast so soon after getting out of bed. There were 6 of us taking part, a number of the regulars were absent due to tomorrow's Calderdale Way. Jeff P was running well less than a week after his Luton Marathon effort & he's already talking about doing another one. Thanks to Neil C for organising the session and keeping us in time on the efforts.

Not sure what pace I was running at on the efforts, as I had my watch set on km splits, which wasn't helpful with the session we were doing.

We were discussing the forthcoming Ribble Valley 10k, there seem to be quite a few of us going over from Ilkley for this race in a couple of weeks. My target at this stage is to get as close as possible to my Abbey Dash time. I don't think that the course at Clitheroe is as fast as the one in Leeds, so running a similar time seems to be a good aim.

No comments:

Post a Comment