Monday 21 December 2009

Now it's slush

Still plenty of ice & snow around, especially on the old bridge which was particularly slippery this morning. However, once over the bridge, I ran along the Nesfield road out to the A59 & back. Conditions were quite slushy & on the way back some quite big puddles had formed. Still it was good to be able to run at somewhere near normal pace for the first time for several days.

As well as it being Christmas week, this week, I'm winding down towards the Ribble Valley 10k on Sunday. The problem with only running slowly is that I'm not sure I'll be able to pick up the pace enough when I start racing. It will be good if we're able to do the track session on Wednesday, at least to wake the legs up a little bit, however, it looks a bit doubtful given the weather forecast.

We went to see the film Avatar last night. It's not really my kind of film, although the special effects were very impressive. It's too long & the plot is very predictable. It would be interesting to see what time the 10 feet tall blue people could do for 10k.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Henry, I'm planning to be at track on Wednesday. I'm not working that day so will drive and give you a lift (for a change!). Will email about pick-up times. Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck on Sunday Henry, hope we'll see you there, all being well and the weather being fair. Have a lovely Xmas & take care on that track if you make it.

    ReplyDelete