Thursday 24 December 2009

More snow

By the time I heard yesterday afternoon that the Carnegie track was closed, I'd just had a big lunch, so couldn't go out in the daylight. Once it came dark, then it was very icy & I decided that it would be better to have a rest day rather than risk running on the roads.

Overnight we had 3-4 inches of new snow, which improved the conditions for running this morning. I set off around the park, then headed off on the Nesfield Road. Near the golf course, I was overtaken by a snow plough/gritter, this scrapped the snow off the ice, leaving the road initially much worse than it was before. I turned around near Beamsley, by this time the grit had taken effect & the road was now full of slush. Back to the park & I was able to run on fresh snow.

Hopefully the snow will now melt in advance of the race on Sunday, although I haven't done any fast running for more than a week. It will be interesting to see if I can adjust from being a slow snow runner to 10k racer.

No comments:

Post a Comment