Friday 18 December 2009

Let it snow

Normally snow, ice & running don't mix very well, however, today I had a really enjoyable run. Some of the roads were in very bad condition, with packed ice & where it hadn't been disturbed there was 2-3 inches of snow on the ground. I ran a variation of the 2 bridges route, coming back on the Dalesway, rather than along the main road & I added an extra loop of the park at the end. In total I ran 13k, with about half of that off-road.

I was really impressed with my Inov8 fell shoes. I've not worn them very often & mainly for muddy cross country races. Today they provided excellent grip even on the ice.....I wonder if they make car tyres with the same tread.

Fortunately I wasn't concerned about the pace I was running at today, as it was only possible to go at a gentle speed. This certainly should help in my 'wind down' towards next week's race.

No comments:

Post a Comment