Wednesday 2 December 2009

Carnegie track

We were a bit depleted this evening at the track session. All of the group that I normally run with were away for various reasons. We did a session of 1k,2k,2k,1k with jog recoveries in between. Richard R ran with me, but he was showing the effects of a hard Big Dipper last night, so he was following me around. In the circumstances I was satisfied with my times, 3:37 & 3:36 for the 1ks and 7:19 & 7:21 for the 2ks. It was good to be able to run at quite a consistent pace without the benefit of being in a group helping each other.

There seem to be no after effects of two hard races in the last couple of weeks, so this Saturday I'm planning to do the Peco cross country at Horsforth. I'm not really much of a cross country runner, for some reason I don't seem to be able to run quickly on mud. The Peco series is quite low key & many of the faster runners may be absent due to a clash with the Complete Runner cross country the following day so I'll see if I can improve my placing from the first race at Golden Acre Park.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Henry,
    Hard day at work and the recovery from my 24 miler on Saturday meant I missed track tonight. Hope to be at PECO as well. I may be after a lift - will send an email. Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul

    Let me know if you want a lift, I'm planning to go about 9:30

    ReplyDelete