Tuesday 22 December 2009

Snow in the woods

I ventured out into the Strid Wood today. It was minus 4 when I set off from the car at Bolton Bridge, so the ice was quite crunchy & with a fine layer of fresh snow, conditions weren't too bad on the way out to Barden Bridge. On the way back it was getting a bit warmer & more slippery, but not as bad as it was a couple of days ago.

It was another very slow run due to the conditions, in places the snow was 6 inches deep & in others it was icy on the hills. I did see other runners in the woods, so I wasn't the only fool out there.

Tomorrow's track session will probably be going ahead, but spikes will be compulsory if it does....this will mean that I'll have to get one of my Christmas presents a couple of days early.

No comments:

Post a Comment