Wednesday 30 December 2009

Where has all the snow gone?

For the first time in 2 weeks, I was able to set off running without having to worry about the snow & ice (apart from Sunday's race). As might be expected, the council had even been out putting grit on the path outside of our house for the first time....a sure sign that the weather has improved.

I ran 15k this morning, out on the Nesfield Road to the A59, then a detour on the way back via Addingham. There was still snow & ice at Low Mill, it seems to have it's own micro climate. Running today seemed to be like hard work. Despite running more than 90 seconds per kilometre slower than at Clitheroe, I was feeling much less comfortable.

No track session today. I'm looking forward to getting back to Carnegie again next week, as I'm missing my weekly burst of speed.

No comments:

Post a Comment