Monday 7 December 2009

More rain

Went out running this afternoon. It was raining again & almost dark, despite it only being 2pm. I did the 2 bridges run at a slightly faster steady pace than I ran at yesterday. It seems a bit difficult to understand why running at a pace that is way below my race pace still feels like hard work. I guess that I'm still recovering from recent efforts.

I'm already staring to to think about targets for next year. I would really like to improve my speed over short distances, especially 5k, but I've probably got the most improvement to make at half marathon (I still have no ambition to do a marathon in the foreseeable future). Not sure whether to concentrate on the speed & not worry too much about distance, or to try to do both. The danger of doing both is that I may not succeed with either objective. Maybe I should keep my current training going until the Brass Monkey half marathon, then re-assess from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment