Tuesday 29 December 2009

Running on ice again

I didn't run yesterday, there were lots of family things to do & by the time we'd got home it was dark, minus 4 & very icy, so I watched the football on the telly instead.

This morning was a different story, up early & off to the Strid Wood. I misjudged my choice of shoes, I would have been better off wearing fell shoes rather than trail shoes as it was very icy, with compacted snow. I was sliding around all over the place. Nevertheless I managed to run from Bolton Bridge to Barden Bridge & back again. On the way back it was getting warmer & even started to rain, so the ice was even more difficult to run on.

No after effects from Sunday's 10k, so now I need to think about preparing for the Brass Monkey half marathon on 24th January. I haven't really run a fast half for a very long time. My most recent effort in Brussels was several minutes slower than I should be able to run. In theory using the race time predictor on http://www.runningforfitness.org/calc/rp.php I should be able to run about 82 minutes for a half marathon based on my Ribble Valley 10k time. Not sure how feasible that is, but it would give me a target to aim for.

1 comment:

  1. Well done on the Ribble Valley 10k. That was a really good time. If you have not done so already do check out your rankings for 10k(M50). I find these rankings useful at motovating and helpful in selecting your future races.

    All the best for 2010.

    ReplyDelete