Saturday 26 December 2009

White Christmas

I didn't run on Christmas Day, instead went for a walk with A & our dog Jake on the moor. There was lot of powdery snow with drifts so the walking was quite interesting.

Overnight it rained so this morning was quite challenging for running. I needed to go quite early as we had lots of family things planned for the day. The rain on top of ice meant that it was almost impossible to get over the old bridge. I was going to run along the Nesfield road, but it seemed to be black ice so I went for the easy option of laps of the Rupert Road circuit. This isn't the most interesting route for a run, normally we use it for mile reps. I managed to do 7 laps at a steady pace, which was enough in advance of tomorrow's race. I then had to struggle back over the bridge to get home.

Not sure how it would have been for those who were running the Chevin Chase race this morning, if it was anything like the conditions in Ilkley it would have been very difficult.

I've really no idea what to expect at Clitheroe tomorrow, having not done any speedwork for almost 2 weeks. Hopefully I should be able to beat my 39:57 from last year, but my Abbey Dash time seems to be unrealistic as a target.

1 comment:

  1. Henry, good luck for tomorrow - hope you have a good one. Chevin Chase was lots of fun today and conditions not as bad underfoot as feared!

    ReplyDelete