Sunday 20 December 2009

Even more ice

I should have known that running was going to be a challenge today when I struggled to get to the start of the Dalesway, it's only 100 metres, but the road & footpath were covered in ice with a thin layer of snow on top. Running through the tennis club car park was even more difficult. Things improved a bit across the fields, but once I reached Low Mill, any kind of forward motion was nearly impossible.

Eventually I managed to reach Addingham. Continuing on the Dalesway seemed to be pointless, running along the main road would have been unpleasant & potentially dangerous, so I took the option of crossing the bridge towards the Nesfield road. Conditions did improve once I reached the road, although I didn't see a single car on the road all the way back to Ilkley.

Once back in Ilkley I did a loop around Rupert road & on the grass around the park, but I didn't really feel much like running at this stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment